Refer a student
  • Posted on 15th February, 2022
    8 minutes read

International students enrolled to study in Western Australia can apply to enter the State

International students enrolled to study in Western Australia can apply to enter the State by:

  • Entering Western Australia indirectly by transiting through another Australian city, or
  • Flying direct into Perth within the Federal Government arrivals cap on travellers into Western Australia

This applies to students who are enrolled in a Western Australian primary school, secondary school, or a university or college of technical or further education, including both students who are just starting their course and those who have been enrolled and studied onshore or offshore in previous years.

All international students must meet the requirements below.

Requirements – Enrolled Student in WA

To enter Western Australia international students must:

  • Have an approved G2G pass, with “Enrolled Student in WA” as the exemption category
  • Be triple dose vaccinated if eligible (or double dose vaccinated if not eligible – see below)
  • Provide proof of a negative Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) within 24 hours before departure
  • Undertake 7 days of self-quarantine at a suitable premises in Western Australia, with the same requirements for household members at the self-quarantine premises
  • Undertake RAT or PCR testing within 24 hours of arrival, and either a PCR test on day 6 or a RAT on day 7 of self-quarantine. If asymptomatic and a negative test is returned, quarantine is complete after 7 days. If symptomatic, the student needs to continue isolation until symptoms resolve. Household members, who quarantine with the traveller, will also be required to do a PCR test on the traveller’s day 6
  • Be subject to mandatory use of the G2G Now app and in-person checks by Western Australian Police as required

All international students must be double vaccinated to enter Australia. If a student is eligible for a third dose in their home country, they should have that before travelling. However, if not eligible, students can have their third dose in Western Australia. Bookings can be made at here.

Students should look to book their quarantine premises before applying for their G2G pass, as the address of those premises is needed to gain approval. Contact your education provider for advice, or you can find suitable self-quarantine hotels in Perth on the StudyPerth website.

Recent News

Get in Touch
We are here
to help you!

Get an answer on courses, costs, careers as well as facilities, entry requirements or just about anything else relating to studying at IHM.
We are here to help you!

I consent to receiving information about IHM's courses and services by email and phone calls


Search the website