Posted on 19th October, 2022
7 Minutes read
A Comparison of NCLEX USA and NCLEX Australia
The NCLEX-RN exam in the United States and the NCLEX-RN exam in Australia seem to be different.
The new evaluation process for internationally qualified nurses and midwives in Australia was fully implemented by March 2020. The NCLEX is now obligatory for certain potential applicants.
Australian NCLEX questions are quite comparable to their American counterparts. The NCLEX is the same for all candidates, regardless of where they live or where they choose to take it. But the procedure, conditions, and costs are different.
Find out what makes the NCLEX in the United States distinct from the NCLEX in Australia by examining this enlightening piece of content.
Step-by-Step Application process: This is the single most important piece of information that applicants need before getting started on their applications. In order to pass the NCLEX-RN test in the United States or Australia, you need to be familiar with the process involved. The two are distinct, though, as seen below:
- Step 1: Selecting the perfect state to apply for NCLEX exam.
- Step 2: NCLEX Grounding Evaluation process.
Note: The Pre-Eligibility Phase and the Credential Evaluation Phase are not required of every SBON.
- Step 3: NCLEX applicability process
- Step 4: NCLEX Clearence to go for the Test or simply the ATT Phase
- Step 5: NCLEX Examination Timetable.
- Step 6: Time to face the NCLEX exam
- Step 7: Get ready to face the reality in the form of your NCLEX assessment result
- Step 8: Start preparing for license or register for a license application.
- Step 1: Evaluation
- Step 2: OBA which includes MCQ And OSCE
- Step 3: Registration.
Exam Application fees
- NCLEX USA: The total cost of taking the NCLEX might vary from $700 to $1,500, depending on the State in which the test is conducted.
- NCLEX AUSTRALIA: The cost of the evaluation and the NCLEX-RN application is between $4,400 to $4,600.
- NCLEX USA: A non-native English speaker may be exempt from taking an English proficiency test with several US nursing boards. Some states require international students to take an English proficiency test, and some of the most common ones include the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), the Pearson Language Tests (PTE), and the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- NCLEX AUSTRALIA: Formally applying nurses and midwives must demonstrate proficiency in English in order to be accepted for initial registration. The NMBA recognises the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), the Occupational English Test (OET), the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic), and the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) iBT.
- NCLEX USA: Different state nursing boards have varying requirements for when an ATTS is still valid.
- NCLEX AUSTRALIA: ATTS are only valid for 90 calendar days under the NMBA.
- NCLEX USA: In certain cases, candidates are sometimes able to get their preliminary NCLEX results two business days after completing the test. You can expect to hear back from the nursing board to which you registered for your official results.
- NCLEX AUSTRALIA: The test results will be made available only by AHPRA. Following 6 weeks after the test session date, AHPRA must obtain the results and then notify the candidates.
Unlike the nursing board, which requires a fee before awarding a licence, other boards simply provide licences upon successful test completion. To get your nursing licence in Australia after qualifying for the NCLEX and OSCE tests, you may do it while in the country. Certain boards award licences immediately upon test success; however, in some cases, such as the nursing board, a fee is required. Once you have passed the NCLEX and OSCE tests, you may apply for your licence in Australia.
Taking the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) in the United States or the National Council Licensure Examination in Australia may seem like a complicated procedure. Candidates, preferably, must start investigating the intricacy of the processes in great detail to prevent making any blunders. You need not worry about this, though, since there are some institutes using cutting-edge pioneer medical exam licencing application techniques to help you get started. They are there to do the required documentation for your NCLEX application at the best possible rate, freeing you up to focus on the review without worrying about the application process. So, choose wisely.
Have Questions For Us?
We will answer everything.
Practical Advice for Choosing Your Nursing Specialty
If you’re wondering what nursing specialty to pursue yourself, consider the following points as you think about your options.